Carrots, Anyone?

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

I'm Baaaaaaaack!

The jog was GREAT! It took about 2-5 minutes to feel good, then 5-10 minutes of ramping up, and then the last 10-15 were great. I even sped up for the last block, and it didn't hurt as badly as last week when I tried it.

The coolest part? I kept track of my 'times' for the 2.3 mile loop, and it's gotten better. When I started last week, it took me 36.5 minutes. Today I finished at 31.5 minutes. I've gotten 5 minutes faster - neat, huh?! It was so nice out that I sat out on my front steps for 15 minutes or so afterwards, soaking up the sun and blue skies.

Exercise really does make you feel better. It's amazing how much my mind was getting in my way. It took me almost 40 minutes to get psyched up to go do it once I got home. The things running through my mind were that there was too much traffic and I didn't want people seeing me, then I saw my neighbors out on their porch, and I didn't want them seeing me as I went out, then I had a goorgly tummy, then I was tired.....blah blah blah. I almost psyched myself out until I made a firm decision that I was going, then it was all about preparation. I hope that mental struggle gets easier each time!

But, YAY!!!

2 Comments:

  • At 6:02 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Good for you for conquering the self-esteem demons! I'm so proud of you, and hope I'm as motivating when I'm back to excercizing! :)

     
  • At 7:42 PM, Blogger Carrots, Anyone? said…

    I know you will be - we're gonna be dancing every weekend because of you, and swimming every day over the summer. This is gonna rock, Taun.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home