Carrots, Anyone?

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Boob Rash

SO, one thing they don't tell you (or maybe they do - I've just never looked) is that you can get heat rash on your boobs - even after you've cooled down and taken a shower. I have gotten one nearly every day after I've jogged - so like 8 - 10 times in the past two weeks. Ridonculous! It itches like what, and then when I itch, my entire chest breaks out in hives. NOT comfortable at all. I talked to some TG peeps about it and they suggested putting baby powder or corn starch on my chest (before? during? after?) to absorb the moisture and keep things cooler and dryer. Be forewarned!

That said, I did my 30 minutes on the elliptical today and burned 400 calories. Noiiiice! Aaaaand, I weighed myself (which I haven't done in a couple weeks) and I am down 6.5 lbs since we started 6 weeks ago. It's about 1 lb a week, which is a healthy rate, so I won't complain. I should be down 16ish lbs by the time school gets out, and 20ish lbs by my 30th birthday. I wish things could go faster, but I'm willing to wait if it means I've lost the lb for "good".

I've noticed a real difference in hunger based on what I eat. When I have lots of fresh veggies and fruit earlier in the day, I'm less hungry. When I start out with other stuff...nuts, soup, etc., I'm hungry most of the day. I have to be more diligent about getting fruit when I run out: I'm out of oranges, grapefruit and grapes now, and those are my staples!

So, for Sunday:
Calories eaten: 1445
calories burned: 350
total calories consumed: 1090

Monday:
Calories eaten: 1867 (damn potatos were 600 for 5 small/medium ones sliced and baked with olive oil!)
calories burned: 350
total calories consumed: 1517 (I felt a little nauseus after this - probably from (a) the potatos and (b) having more food than usual)

Tueday:
Calories eaten: 627
calories burned: 450
total calories consumed: 177 (I basically have 1023 calories left to eat)


I'm finding as I'm doing this that I crave less food when I focus. My proudest moment today was not eating any candy when someone brought 5 bags to fill up my candy jug! It was during a meeting, and everyone else was dipping in, but I chose not to, partially because I didn't have the craving. It's amazing though, how much more I choose to eat and am compelled to eat when (a) food is in front of me, (b) others are enjoying food, (c) I'm bored / stressed / whatever. If I don't pay attention like I haven't been in the past 25 years, I could easily eat way over 2000 calories.

I'm worried that I'll flounder and fizzle...that happened with Weight Watchers and previous attempts at getting my life in control. I remember thinking yesterday and today how much I didn't want to be active, and how much I wanted to not think about food. It's a constant battle to focus, and I hope I can sustain it because I haven't had a great track record. This really is an addiction - an extremely bad habit that is taking a while to shake. It's been 2.5 years since I first started by walking 15 minutes a day. I am proud that I've worked my way up to going to weight watchers, and now jogging 2.3 miles 3-4 times a week. I have to look at it that way: I've been making slow but steady improvement overall, and even though I may trip up and fail along the way, I'm still headed in the right direction....

1 Comments:

  • At 7:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well written article.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home