Carrots, Anyone?

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Week One: Success!

CALORIES CONSUMED: 1371

ACTIVITY: 2 hr walking around the mall (200 calories burned)

TOTAL CALORIES 'CONSUMED': 1022 (1371 minus 200)

PROUDEST MOMENT: Being able to eat at a mall eatery and not overdo it. I had indian food, and had about 3/4 cup of vindaloo / rice around 2pm. I had another 3/4 cup around 8pm for dinner along with 1/2 grapefruit, and that was perfect.


Friday was a great day too:
Calories consumed: 1522
Activity: 20 min walking (112 calories burned); 35 min. jogging (380 calories burned)
Total calories 'consumed': 1030 (1522 minus 492)
Proudest moment: jogging. I was dead tired because I had been up from 12:30am - 2:30am the night before (long story). I got home from visiting with my dad at 6pm and was supposed to turn right back around and go out to dinner with friends. I bailed gracefully because I was too tired, but decided that instead of going upstairs and konking out at 6pm, I would go for a jog (to keep up with my 30 minutes of activity a day goal) and then relax afterwards. It was cold and rainy - which was actually perfect jogging weather - and I did it! And it wasn't painful!

I checked the mileage today with my car and found out that I ran somewhere between 2.5-3 miles instead of the 'under 1 mile' I thought. Cool!!! I never thought I'd be able to jog for 2.5 miles! I'm getting closer and closer to thinking about doing a 3k road race since that's 1.875 miles.

AAAND, here are some physical perks of being more fit:
1) my chest size has shrunk 3". I went from an "F" to a "DD"

2) My thighs are more toned and trim - I can sit cross-legged comfortably and walk/sit without them squishing into each other as hard

3) My gut isn't as big, which makes it easier to bend, to lean over, and to tuck my legs up.

4) I can cross my arms in front of my breasts instead of having to pick above or under.

The scale says I've only lost 4lbs since we started TG 5 weeks ago, but all these side benefits are worth the lower-than-expected weight loss!

1 Comments:

  • At 9:06 AM, Blogger Taunia said…

    YAY! I'm so proud of you! The numbers don't mean anything if you've got hella tangible results like the ones you listed. Bravo!

    Also, I linked you (first, of course) on my blog:

    http://divatauniabackstagepass.blogspot.com/

    Congrats, my friend!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home