Carrots, Anyone?

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Chinese Food...Ugh

Don't get me wrong, I love Chinese food -but something's going funky. We went out for a quick bite at a restaurant whose food I like because it's not too greasy or sauce-y. I finished the meal feeling slightly light headed, nauseous, and brain dead. I told my b/f that I couldn't listen to him talk anymore because my brain could not compute anything more than "it is cold out". I think it's one of several things (or some mixture thereof):

(a) the simple carbs - rice. I haven't had simple carbs in a long long time save for the occasions these past couple of weeks that I've gone out (maybe two or three times - each time less than 1/2 a cup was consumed). Perhaps I'm hypoglycemic, or just cannot process sugar that well.

(b) caffeine - I had an iced coffee (my first in over a month) this afternoon and tea tonite. Perhaps I was coming down from a 'high'?

(c) sodium - I have not had a lot of sodium in my diet since I started TG - perhaps this has a whammy of a dose which is making me light headed and thirsty


I felt nauseous and jittery last nite after the potatoes, so I'm wondering if it's a combination of the carbs and sodium that has my body all funked up. Oog.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:07 PM, Blogger Aimee said…

    That doesn't sound fun at all! Seems sometimes it's kind of trial and error to figure out what works best for your bod. Maybe brown rice in the future?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home