Carrots, Anyone?

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Keeping Up...

OK, so my last post was Monday nite?

TUES
Today was busy...woke up to my mom cleaning out my car (which had been sitting on my parents' driveway for the past month and a half...long story). I ate a quick breakfast of instant vietnamese coffee (1/2 cup) and instant oatmeal (1-1.5 cups...2/3 milk, 1/3 oatmeal). Instant delish.

I went outside to vacuum my car (for the first time in five years; GROSS!) when my friend called (by the way, I vaccumed for AN HOUR!). He and I decided at the wedding this past weekend that we'd go out to lunch. Except that I forgot and thought we were going to dinner and invited other friends along. Hah! Anyway, he called up to see if I still wanted to do lunch (because he works only about a mile from my parents' house). We met up for some delish thai food (I had duck salad (2/3 cup) - pulling off the skin - and curry chicken with rice (3/4 cup)). We walked back to his workplace and called our other friends to see if they still wanted to do dinner. They said it sounded like a tight timeframe (we all live about an hour apart). He and I decided that if they didn't want to go, we wouldn't. He said he'd let them know too. I got a call from him as soon as I got home about 3 minutes later. Apparently as he was texting them to say don't bother, they called him and said let's do it. SO, I took a quick nap, dropped my car off to get the oil changed, and then jumped in the car with him so that he could drive me to the restaurant. 1.5 hour drive with traffic. I also got to see his house for the first time which was great. We all met up at a great Chinese restaurant. I had about a cup of spicy beef with 1/2 cup rice and was done. I splurged a little later that night because I was sleeping over my friend's house. His fiancee and I got starbucks (white choco mocha; rice krispie treat) and we all played the Nintendo Wii for three hours. I like to think of that as one hour of activity points since I was sweating!

WED
Did a lot of running around today as well...woke up with my friend who dropped me off at home on his way to work. Then went around running errands with my mom...picked up both my and her cars from the shop, then drove around grocery shopping, and taking my car to get its tires rotated and balanced. Breakfast? Left over thai food from the night before with rice - about 3/4 cup total. Got groceries at a Chinese grocery storer and ate in the car. This was my least favorite meal; not because of the food, but because it was so greasy. I actually had a stomach ache at the end. It was healthy food though - I had about 1/3 cup rice, seaweed (yum, Taunia!), tofu skin, and greens. All in all about a cup worth of food. Got home and had a slice of the pastry cake roll we had bought from the bakery -- yummy

We got home around 3pm and were exhausted. My dad was coming home around 6pm tonite, so my mom and I both took a nap, waking up around 6pm. I then went downstairs and started packing my stuff as I was planning on leaving tomorrow. My dad got home, we ate again (I had one rice bowl of beef tendon, salmon and greens). I had corn on the cob, a handful of grapes and corn salad around 10:30pm that night, then three oreos and a cup of milk around 2am as I was watching Animal Planet. Went to bed around 3:30am

THURS
Well, today's Thursday. I had a rice bowl of oatmeal this morning and 1/2 cup instant viet coffee. My parents and I are heading out to lunch soon so gotta go....


I'm feeling like I'm getting the portioning down right. I can eat about 1 cup (rice bowl) of food and feel satisfied, so I'm trying not to go over that. What am I proud of so far this week? Being able to say no to more servings of food, and being able to hang out with my parents while they're eating and snacking and not do the same. So YAY!

1 Comments:

  • At 9:31 PM, Blogger MaryFran said…

    Yay! I'm so glad to hear that you are back working toward your weight loss goal! Good luck!!! keep working on it and you'll get there!

    MaryFran

     

Post a Comment

<< Home