Carrots, Anyone?

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Still Going (Sorta) Strong...did it!

I'm feeling pretty good about the choices I made today...

BREAKFAST
woke up at 9:30 this morning, then slept again til 11am (that's what I get for going to bed at 3am yesterday). OH, btw, yesterday I WON the battle - I didn't eat anything as a late late late night snack...I got up to go into the kitchen to get something to eat, and realized how TIRED I was, then decided to go to bed. so YAY! OK back to breakfast. So I woke up at 11 and we got ready to leave to run errands. Went to go order take out first, then I shopped while waiting for the food. Ate in the car...was Chinese food. I had half a cup of fried rice, and three pieces of General Tsao's chicken, and about half a cup of kung po shrimp. Not terrible, but not the best food to get.

LUNCH
After running errands, I got home around 3:30pm and was hungry. I made myself another bowl of instant oatmeal (2 cup milk, 1 packet Quaker Instant Maple & Brown Sugar oatmeal, sprinkling of dried cranberries) but this time added about a teaspoon of butter. It was delish!

DINNER
dinner started about an hour after lunch. My mom makes fabu food. We had grilled zuccini with salt & pepper, baby bok choy, and some thin sliced marinated pork. I again only had two small rice bowls of food and felt satisfied and felt OK with not eating while others still were.

SNACK
I had a cup of corn & tomato soup (chicken broth) around 10pm. I fought the desire to eat before then even though my mom cooked again and had food ready for my dad when he came home at 8:30pm from tennis.

SNACK II
I'm watching a Fresh Prince of Bel Air marathon (6pm - 6am: SO fabu) and got hungry and gave into the sensation to have something sweet. I first had a rice bowl of leftover mexican food from two days ago. Then I had three oreo cookies. I am feeling satisfied and full (especially with the water...did I tell you I drink lots of water?).


SO, all in all, it wasn't the best food choices, but I think I made the best portion choices I could given the food I have. And most importantly, I do felt happy about my decisions today both during and after, and THAT is really important. The feeling beforehand wasn't too painful - just PERSISTENT! Let's keep marching...go me!

1 Comments:

  • At 7:24 AM, Blogger Diva Taunia said…

    Thatta girl! I'm proud of us for restarting, and I'm proud of you for staying focused on the road. We can do this - we can! I'm going to post to my blog later today too - anything to keep myself on track. Rock on, girl, rock on!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home