Carrots, Anyone?

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Hi-Lo, Yum-Yum Out

So today is a series of ups and downs...

up: my breakfast(s) were only 3.5 points and I ate them over the span of two hours.
Down: I was a bit hungry, and the oatmeal I started out with lost its luster because it was not filling. I think I need my grits.

Up: went out for Mexican for lunch and it was 16 points which was OK because my breakfast was so little.
Down: feeling guilty because it's the second time I've gone out in two days

Up: lunch was so big that I am still not hungry, now at 8pm (where I usually have to eat every two hours), so I guess that even though it was a lot of points, it went a long way.
Down: I was full and tired, and talked myself out of stopping for a walk at the pond on the way home. I have always done this with the pond - say I'll come back out, and then not do it. I know I need to stop on my way home or it's not going to get done. Perhaps a goal to address in the upcoming week. Also, I came home, ate a 100-calorie dorito pack (even though I was still stuffed), and took a 1.5 hour nap. No real activity points today, I wasted my opportunity.

Up: I'm leisurely thinking about dinner and healthy choices to make for dinner since I'm not starving
Down: my b/f wants take out Chinese tonite. DEADLY! And my third time eating out in two days. Seems excessive. I'm aiming for the chicken and string beans instead of the double cooked pork because of the lighter sauce, less oil, and more veggies. I'm thinking (hoping) that will not put me over my remaining 8 points.

And Taunia - I accept and appreciate your challenge! My plan for breakfast tomorrow is grits with garlic and 1/2 cup ground turkey. Grits (3tbsp) = 1.5 pt; ground turkey (2oz) = 2pt; and maybe 1tbsp butter spread = 1pt. 4.5 pts total.

Lunch is my chicken pasta leftover from two nights ago (6 points - 1/2 serving). Total bfast & lunch = 10.5. Total left for dinner: 17.5pts. niiiiiice. It feels good to have a plan, so thank you again for the challenge!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home