Carrots, Anyone?

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Slow and Steady...

Today I didn't lose any weight, or as I like to think of it, I maintained my weight from last week. I'm OK with this, because good lord, I lost 4lbs the week before.

My goal for this week? EAT WITHIN MY POINTS. I am going to challenge myself to NOT eat any of my flex points, like Taunia, because with good planning, there's no reason to resort to them. SO y'all, help me out, keep me accountable, kick my butt.

Tonite was a great cheat nite...I ate reasonable portions of lots of different things. The two things I could have done better were to eat LESS overall, and to have slowed down, especially with the appetizers, because I was wolfing those suckers down. I guess the other thing I would have done was to not eat so much of the cake at the end. I was just on auto pilot, and after a snafu of mistaking mayonnaise for butter (ooog, my stomach is still churning), I was eating the cake to settle my stomach and cleanse my taste buds.

Great company, great food, decent week. I'm looking forward to the week ahead, and I'm excited because this will be a month now that I've been doing weight watchers, and I'm still very motivated. Having great people around me to help each other thru this is definitely making a big difference.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:54 PM, Blogger MaryFran said…

    Any week without a gain is a good one in my book! Sometimes I think our bodies also need the chance to sit back and become 'used' to the weight before starting to dip again!

     
  • At 9:51 AM, Blogger Taunia said…

    Yes, 4 lbs is a lot to lose in one week, so you're body just needs to chill for a bit, then you'll start losing again.

    I liked that you challenged me to try and have 2-3 servings of fruits and veggies rather than just 1-2, so I'm going to offer you a challenge too (if that's ok!)!

    Since you're hoping to not use your flex points this week, here's my challenge to you:

    1. Prepare your breakfast and lunch the night before, every night
    2. Try to keep your breakfast and lunch under 8 points. It can be done with fruits and veggies! That way, you'll have more to splurge with at dinner time and won't have to use your flex points. Especially if you add in activity!

    Good luck!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home