Carrots, Anyone?

Monday, September 18, 2006

Bok Choi

Dang I love me some Bok Choi. And I needed to get back on track in terms of veggie intake - a perfect partnership. I had two cups of bok choi for my two dinners: 5pm and 9:30pm. I threw in some american veggies in the later dinner to jazz things up a bit.

Today was a great day in terms of eating. OK, not great, but really good. I started out a little shaky - had a bowl of grits, but I waited a while before eating, and lemme tell you, it does not taste that great luke-warm. Luke-warm and bland. Luckily, I had some cajun spice-covered turkey slices (Whole Foods in-house oven roasted turkey breast - great b/c it doesn't have the slimy coataing). I threw in some turkey slices and that made the grits yummy(er).

Lunch was great. I had bought pre-cut fruit, and fat free greek yogurt. I mixed the two, and had that, and some more turkey breast meat for lunch. It was great, and filling without stuffing me.

Dinner was bok choi and some pickings off vietnamese take out (1/2 summer roll, a bite of beef teriaki).

So it was a healthy day. I boiled up some whole wheat pasta for tomorrow and will eat that with the rest of the veggies, but I'm kinda wishing I had more fruit to munch on!

Fitness-wise, I decided to aim for doing 30 minutes of activity a day for the majority of the days this week. It shouldn't be too hard considering I walk 15 minutes every day for my 30 minute lunch. I danced for half an hour at home around 7pm tonite, and it was fun, but I'd prefer to be outside. Or to just have more space to move around.

But things are shaping up. yay!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home