Carrots, Anyone?

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Crock Pots and 100 Calorie Snacks Rock

Seriously. I have never used a crock pot before two months ago. We got one from my boyfriend's parents, and I was thinking "what the hell are we (I) going to do with this contraption?!). Enter garlic lime chicken. Enter lazy cooking. Enter immediate gratification upon coming home hungry. Don't know how I missed out on this one before.

Aaaaanyway, Taunia and I went shopping for healthy snacks. Well, ok, "healthier" snacks. I bought a whole bunch of 100 calorie snacks which amused me because I was such a snob against them for the longest time ("who in their right mind would pay more money for other people to segment out their food? Lame!") I stand partially corrected. I appreciate them right now because they get me to eat healthier portions quickly. Do I want to buy these for the rest of my life? Not really. I want to make sure I wean myself off of them so I don't break the bank trying to keep from breaking my seat. Case in point, instead of buying a big package of pre-cut fruit, I bought strawberries, grapes, a canteloupe, and a honeydew to make what would have cost me twice the amount to buy pre-done. Wish me luck on cutting these damn things. I can't remember the last time I ever bought a melon...it's got to have been at least four years ago.

Activity-wise, I've done well today. I went on my typical 15 minute walk during work. Later in the afternoon, Taunia and I went shopping. Then, when I got home, I went out grocery shopping to get meats and other staples. I found some Dannon fit and light yogurt---I'm going to give them a try. All in all, 45 minutes of walking, and it wasn't painful because I wasn't focused on the activity itself. That's the way (uh-huh uh-huh) I like it.

All in all, a good day. I weighed myself at Taunia's today and saw 248.4 which is 1.2 less than last week, so I'm excited, but tomorrow is the real test - WW weigh-in!

2 Comments:

  • At 11:34 PM, Blogger Taunia said…

    I felt like your 100 Calorie supplier today! Like I should be walking around with a raincoat and sunglasses, "Psss. Hey kid...you want some LOW POINT SUN CHIPS?!?!"

     
  • At 11:44 PM, Blogger Carrots, Anyone? said…

    lol - I marked up the points on each box. I did eat an entire box worth of sun chips on the way home because I was so damn hungry. At least I know how many points that was (10) hee hee. I did get myself back together at home and had a 1 point yogurt (yummy) and two 1-ish ounce pieces of chicken. Delish! Tho I am craving mac and cheese.... :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home