Carrots, Anyone?

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Damn the Busy Weekend

Like Taunia, this weekend was a little rough for me. I was feeling great because I had prepared for the trip to Albany with a box of hand-selected 100-calorie treats to stave my hunger. We left in a rush, so I didn't get to eat a real meal, so I ate two 100-calorie snacks right after each other before we were able to find a rest stop. My 'healthy' choice was a BLT from d'angelos, which makes LOUSY subs! Rest Stop d'Angelos anyway. At least 10-11 points and I was still hungry after! I felt like I had a lot of high-point stuff but I was hungry all day, that's really weird! We got to my boyfriend's parent's place, and they made hamburgers and green beans, so I had some.

Interesting fact: my weight fluctuates +/- 5lbs when I eat. I weighed myself right after I ate, and I was 250-ish. I weighed myself later that night after walking 3 hours at the mall, and was 249. I peed and was 248. I slept and weighed myself the next morning and I was 246. So, I'm trying not to psyche myself up or out too much over losing 4 lbs last week, because I'm sure most of it was due to my extremely empty stomach and bladder. Which means I will probably go up this week, which is fine because as long as I go down overall, it's good. I shouldn't have put too much weight (ha ha) on how much I lost because I know it's unrealistic and somewhat of a fluke to have lost so much in one week. Not to mention unhealthy.

Anyhoo, I made the best choices I could this weekend: Saturday while walking around the mall, I got a fat-free vanilla frozen yogurt with fruit (no sugar added) from Haagan Daz. I ate a little buttered popcorn when we got back (1.25 cups). Sunday, we helped my boyfriend's brother move. 3 hours pretty laid back. Had 2 everything bagels (yikes!) and 1/2 cup mushroom soup (sooooo good!). We stopped at Panera on the way home and I had a lemon artichoke chicken panini (why are these specials never as good as they look in the advertisements!) and hot green tea.

I guess overall my choices were as good as I could make them - I didn't have any candy or go wild on chips...still, just frustrated that I didn't make the best choices possible, and sad that my weight loss last week was moreso because I wasn't filled with pee or food than actual weight loss, but I'm OK. I'm feeling great about my choices, and I'm liking the feeling of eating healthy, and happy about my activity level so far.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:23 PM, Blogger MaryFran said…

    Sounds to me like you did a fine job with what options you had available!

     
  • At 10:25 PM, Blogger Taunia said…

    I think you did a great job considering that you were out the whole weekend. And you don't know that it was a fluke, sistah. Usually towards the end of the day, we're heavier, so I'm pretty certain your weight loss was real. And there's three more full days before we weigh-in, so don't sweat it!

     
  • At 10:57 PM, Blogger Carrots, Anyone? said…

    thanks for the encouragement, maryfran. you're easing my stress about the weekend. I'm glad to have a new person reading this blog! Feel free to drop in advice or suggestions as I would love them.

    That's true, Taunia...I think I'm just trying to psyche myself out so I don't get disappointed this week. slap slap. OK, I'm done being a dork :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home