Carrots, Anyone?

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Week 12 Results: -1.8

Jabba!!

I lost 1.8 lbs this past week, putting me at 238.4 pounds.

At first, I was mad at myself because when I went out to dinner last night, I had a cheeseburger and baked potato, then came home and had half a slice of new york cheesecake w/ caramel sauce and whipped cream. I thought I had blown it for today! Aaaand, because I had stayed after at school yesterday to go directly to the dinner, I hadn't had a chance to jog (correction: I hadn't been determined enough to bring my clothes, change into them and jog), so I had only had a 15 minute walk to count as exercise. SO, today, I took a quick 20 minute jog (6 laps!) around the block right before weigh in. It made me feel like I did a little to overcome my indulgences for yesterday.

I am SO excited about my weight loss for several reasons:
* Milestone One: I'm now in the 230's!!! For the FIRST time in at least eight years!!!
* Milestone Two: I have just passed the ten pound loss mark
* My BMI has decreased from 41.5 to 39.7

Observations:
* It took me four weeks to lose the first five pounds
* It took me eight weeks to lose the second five (really six) pounds
* I am losing, on average 0.9 pounds per week
* In roughly 16 weeks (by April Fool's Day 2007), when I get to 224.6, I will have reached my 10% goal (24.9 pounds)
* In roughly 31 weeks (by end of school 2007), when I get to 210.6 (minus 38.8 pounds), my BMI will be 35 (my prelim BMI goal)

What I'm loving about my weight loss:
* my arms no longer feel like a dam holding water (my boobs) back when I cross them across my chest
* my shower towel actually fits all the way around me top to bottom (where before, it fit across my chest but didn't quite come together across my tummy or hips)
* my tummy no longer spills 1/3 the way down my thighs when I sit
* my thighs are noticibly smaller
* it doesn't hurt my knees / thighs anymore to cross my legs
* when I bend over to tie my shoes, etc., my tummy doesn't get in the way, preventing me from bending very far
* I can put on my socks with ease
* when I suck in my stomach, it actually has somewhere to go
* my pants and shirts are fitting better.
* I'm not feeling like my body is unmanageable

I'm excited because this is only after an 11 pound loss. I can't wait to share what I love about my weight loss when I'm at 20 or 30 pounds!

Taunia and I are focusing on exercise again this week. I have faith she's going to kick butt, which'll be great because I'll be looking to her for inspiration since my gung-ho-ness for jogging is slowing though not going down the tubes. I think I'm just not eating well enough and perhaps that's why I'm feeling more tired all around. I want to keep inspired and she's gonna do it for me!

1 Comments:

  • At 8:35 AM, Blogger MaryFran said…

    Way to go! The towel thing (being able to wrap myself in a towel from top to bottom without flashing anyone) has been a HUGE thing for me! (ok, I get excited about the little things in life.)

    You are doing EXCELLENT! You have my kudos for actually jogging, I'm such a wimp and haven't tried that one yet!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home