Carrots, Anyone?

Monday, November 20, 2006

Jogging's Alright...

...I actually felt motivated to jog today! I was toggling back and forth, and decided when I got home to postpone it so I could chill on the couch and watch TV. Thank goodness there was nothing good on TV. After eating a "dinch" (dinner-lunch) and watching TV for a couple hours, it was 6pm, and I decided to jog anyway - why not? So I jogged for twenty minutes and felt great. Well, it was butt ass cold out, and I was gasping for air, and I only jogged 5 laps and 20 minutes vs 7 laps and 30 minutes, but it felt great to be active.

It amazed me how much my mind got in the way of jogging. Like thinking about it all day and deciding not to do it , psyching myself out, then deciding to do it. Then thinking I couldn't jog three of the four sides of the block and wanting to walk more...it was amazing how much my mind jumped in, and how much effort it took for me to empty my mind and just focus on the steps in front of me. More times than not, when I did things this way, I got farther than if I listened to my overactive mind.

So, that means I've been jogging three times now this week! Friday, Sunday, and today. And it felt so rewarding to be able to claim 4 activity points from a quick 20 minute activity. Knowing it's also good for my health, lowering my risk of heart disease, lowering my bmi and other indicator numbers...feels great! I am going to keep optimistic about keeping it up, and am looking forward to this week's weigh in. I'm either gonna gain "healthy" weight from the muscle I'm building up from jogging, or I'll lose (I hope) a butt ton of weight, since not only is this the first week I'm doing more intensive exercise, but it's also the first week I haven't used any of my 35 flex points (I've used almost all of them up the past couple weeks).

Here's to hopin!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home