Carrots, Anyone?

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Week 10 Results: Holding Steady

So, no weight lost or gained this past week, which is a good thing considering I was unhealthy the first half, and healthy the second half. It was justabout what I expected, but it doesn't quite feel like progress staying steady even though I know it is.

Better news? I am feeling SO good about myself this week. I went JOGGING Friday and then again tonight. Now, I know this doesn't sound like a big deal, and I know I only jogged around the block seven times, but this is from a girl who hasn't jogged in four years, since 2002 when I was living in Charlotte, NC and was on the Charlotte women's rugby team and we had to jog and do other merry things. That lasted only two or three months for me (I was only there for six months before I moved). Before that, it had been another four years since I was part of my college's women's rugby team.

Another reason why I'm psyched about this is because this is the first time I'm jogging for MYSELF as opposed to an obligation of being a part of a team. I don't want to get ahead of myself because I tend to do that, but I'm hoping this is putting me in a positive direction. It took me a year to get to this point in time where I worked up the resolve and cut out my whining to be active. You wouldn't think it would be so hard! But hey, anytime someone's trying to change a habit theyve had for over a decade, it's not a walk in the park.

So yay! And I hope to keep up with this - I've been trying to take this at a slow pace so that I can keep up with it, so I don't know if I'm going to jog tomorrow or just do it Tuesday.

And not to be gross, but my thighs and my upper arms, the two notorious jiggly wiggly parts, are getting ever so slightly firmer. Yay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home