Carrots, Anyone?

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Week 9 Results: -2.4

I need to get a tracker on my site like Taunia so keeping track is easier! I went down 2.4 this week which was GREAT considering I gained a little over three lbs over the past two weeks. I was feeling pretty frustrated and out-of-control, and was not looking forward to weigh-in last night. Although I lost the weight, I have to honestly say I didn't focus too hard on eating healthily or being active, so it feels like a false win, you know? However, if I look at my weight loss in the bigger picture, I've lost 7.6 lbs over the span of 9 weeks, which is roughly 0.8 lbs per week which is considered a healthy rate of weight loss. All these big numbers up and down were my body adjusting to losing weight, and it did so healthily. I can't complain.

Another cool thing - I checked my BMI and it went down from BMI 41.5 ->40.2. A small change, but it's pretty cool to see that just a few pounds changes other health indicators in addition to my weight. Gives me something else to focus on and be proud about.

Anyway, reading this over, I know I'm focused on the weight, and that's really because it is the WW focus with the weigh-in's, but that word really represents my struggle to eat healthily and be active each week. It's just easier this way. Although it would be interesting to see what would happen if I focused my observations on my eating and activity - if that would influence change differently...hmmm...guinea pig commence!

2 Comments:

  • At 8:48 AM, Blogger MaryFran said…

    Your doing great! Stay focused and you (and I also) will get this weight off once and for all!

     
  • At 1:21 PM, Blogger Taunia said…

    www.tickerfactory.com, baby! And we are going to kick ass this week - you know it!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home