Carrots, Anyone?

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Yay and Blip

Today was the first WW meeting. I, happily, did not gain all the weight I thought I had. I am 0.1 pound less than what I was when I started WW back in March. I'm happy because this means that even while I was off WW, I continued to make positive, healthy lifestyle choices. We have a great leader, so I'm pumped.

Hit a bit of a blip later in the nite..was out w/ my partner in crime to Tar-jay gettin' some stuff. Got a call. My parents had moved a year ago and just sold the house this past month. It was to be closed the beginning of October. So, I have one month to clear out the rest of the stuff that was left behind (we had to keep some rooms set up so the house looked 'lived in'...helped with showing the house). Well, turns out the call was from the realtor, saying that the closing was moved up a month, and that everything had to be out my Friday morning. That's the day after tomorrow. We negotiated that I could leave some stuff there to pick up Sunday as long as it was all in one place, but the 'cleaner-movers' are coming in Friday morning to clear out whatever I don't tomorrow. Holy Yikes! It's a bigger deal than typical because there's furniture I'd like to keep in the family or among friends, and just a lot of crap to go through and figure out. I don't like rushing. Plus, I'm going to a wedding this weekend.

BUT, thank goodness for great friends. Mine calmed me down, and may even take some of the furniture. I called around and found some other friends who would also be interested, so I'm feeling better about the whole thing.

Anyway, this circles back to food. I had to eat and eat out after that. Went to On The Border. Ate a bowl of chips and salsa (yay carbs), had a virgin strawberry daquari, and some gobby mess of cheese, onions, chicken, steak, beans and rice. I only finished maybe 1/4 of the dish, so that's cool. I ate a butt load of chips but am hoping the salsa even'd out the chips. The daquari...what can I say. I think it was still an OK choice because I needed it mentally to unwind the stress. I have been very healthy in the past three days so I am feeling OK with this choice, and reminding myself that "what I do next is what matters." I did, you should know, resist purchasing an absolutely delicious M&M and choco chip cookie, and crumbly amazing coffee cake muffin even after pulling out my wallet and fishing for money. Thank goodness for places with minimums on credit cards! There was no way I was going to spend $10 on treats! But it felt great - empowering - to say no, stick with it, and come out alive and unscathed. This could be a better trip that previous ones :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home