Carrots, Anyone?

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Today's Triumphs

So, today I picked another affirmation out of my "affirmation jar" - I call him "affy". Today, it again was "What you do next matters". Good moments today:

1) Breakfast. First thought was "hmm...I'll eat the rest of that whole wheat pasta and lean ground turkey w/ spaghetti sauce that I made last night"...it was a great breakfast - actually filling, unlike cereal, eggs and toast.

2) "Second Breakfast" at work - made the bad choice for a cup of coffee, but made a good choice for half an everything bagel w/ cream cheese (vs. whole) - and I only ate half of the half, so that was a quarter of a bagel. It wasn't worth it.

So it's kinda funny...the choices I make to indulge myself have actually been disappointing...the coffee, the bagel, the potato salad yesterday and the boneless wings yesterday. All disappointing. Which is great, because it means I'm not rewarding myself for indulgments (is that a real word??!)

3) I was so hungry after my voice lesson today that I was going to stop at a BK on the 40 minute drive home. I remembered the phrase (it really works when you say it out loud, over and over!), and I stuck out the ride home, and instead of grabbing the salt and pepper chips, I turned to the whole wheat pasta and ground turkey once again.

4) So second dinner (geez, I sound like an eating WHORE here, but I have to do small meals (e.g. 1 cup of food) 6 or so times a day to keep my body properly nourished instead of inundating it with large quantities of food fewer times.) I tried the whole "do what everyone else does because it's normal" 3-times a day, cereal/eggs for breakfast deal, and you know what, it doesn't work for me. It doesn't make sense for me to follow generic stereotypes when I know a different way in which I can be more successful.

ANYHOO, a friend and I went to a vietnamese restaurant, and I ordered chicken chow foon, which was greasy, but otherwise healthy. No heavy, salty sauce. Just chicken, veggies, and noodles. I also had a vietnamese coffee (bad!) but it was sooo good. But again, not as fabulous as I thought it would be. I also only ate half my meal and will be saving the other half for either breakfast or lunch tomorrow.

5) My friend and I went to Whole Foods and bought a pint of Ben & Jerry's Martha Martha Choco (?)...I didn't pig out - I gave myself three spoonfuls, which was just enough.

All in all, a good day. I kept thinking about my next choice. Just once choice at a time, one meal at a time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home