Carrots, Anyone?

Monday, October 27, 2008

yay me!

SO, in preparation for running my FIRST EVER (did I say, FIRST EVER?!!!!!) 5k run on Sunday, I decided to gear up again since it's been a while since I've (a) been back to the gym, and (b) been on a proper run. I think I've run maybe once in the past week and a half instead of the 2x-3x a week (plus 3x/wk weights)

So, this week, I've decided that this is going to be my schedule (the days are usually swapped run/weights):

MON - 45 min run
TUES - 45 min weights
WED - 45 min run
THURS - 45 min weights
FRI - 45 min run
SAT - 45 min weights
SUN - my (FIRST EVER!!!!!) 5k run

So tonite I went for my 45 minute run...did 3.2 miles (about a 13 minute mile - nice! I started out doing 19 minute miles in the summer of 2007 with a max of 2.5 miles, so i've made an improvement!) I was so stressed out today because of work (pulled a 11.5 hour work day with another long one coming up tomorrow and the rest of the week), that I just zoned out when I ran, and didn't even look at how much time was left until I only had 5 minutes left. I love that there's an upstairs to my gym where the machines look out over the parking lot, not the tvs and weights. I find those so distracting, and they keep me focused on how much (or little) time has passed. Staring in the parking lot, I can lose myself in thought (which I did today, had a LOT to unwind from), and time just blew by.

So go me...wish me continued luck and efforts. I really need it, and it felt SO GOOD to run today even though I was exhausted from work. Much better than if I had just come home at 7:30pm and chilled out and slept.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home