Carrots, Anyone?

Monday, April 16, 2007

Ummm...Hello!

So I think it's been "several" months since I've last posted. In those "several" months, I've gained and lost the same 8 pounds "several" times. It's been a long and frustrating ride.

BUT, Taunia and I are getting back on track. We're both reaching our breaking points with how much more waffling we're able to endure. I feel like I've had a good couple of days since we weighed in Wednesday. Lemme explain:

THURSDAY
I was so determined to be good today that, even though I had no lunch, I brought stuff to make. I brought a can of tuna fish, veggies, a knife and a cutting board. I made myself some tuna fish salad w/ veggies, cranberries and walnuts. SO delicious, and I felt great about making this choice.

FRIDAY
I was exhausted today! After work, I was driving all over the place getting ready to book it down to my parents (8 hour drive). Now car rides are difficult for me because I like to munch. I am an anxious snacker. Sitting for long periods of time means I have to find something to do with myself. Either soemthing with my hands or something with my mouth. So I decided to go the hands route and stopped at a crafts place to buy a crochet hook and yarn to crochet in the car. I had packed a bag of snacks but decided not to eat any of them because I was worried about going over points (I only had 4 points left and knew I'd be cutting into my flex points already). SO, don't be grossed out, but I had bought snack packs of dried spicy seaweed - so delicious, and 0 points! So I snacked on those, water, and one Burger King grilled chicken sandwich. The BK burger was initially going to be fried and with fries, but I decided at the last minute to go the healthy route. I can tell you, not eating any of those snacks in the back was the hardest thing I did. It was amazing how many times I almost gave in, even at 2:30am when I was nearing my parents' place. But I didn't. And I felt great when, at the end, I came out on top.

SATURDAY
Today was crazy...we had a wedding to go to. We got to bed 3:30am the night before but woke up at 9:30am. I started out wanting to eat some chinese food, and got myself a small rice bowl. I ate about three bites and decided it wasn't good, so I stopped eating. Instead, I made some instant oatmeal with fresh strawberries. SO good! We chilled for a bit then drove to the wedding, eating some slices of duck and broke down and had a couple baked dorito chips. Wedding was great - healthy 3oz of beef, breaded chicken, and veggies. Could have done without the appetizers (bacon wrapped scallops, etc.), but I did dance feverishly for 2.5 hours so hopefully that helped dampen the impact :)

SUNDAY
The thing I was most proud of today was that I only had two small rice bowls of food for dinner - which was just enough to make me satisfied, not full. Breakfast was costly - had almost my entire day's worth of points. BUT, we walked around for three hours so that helped....and had a fabu mexican meal in between the hours. Right now it's 1:30am Monday morning, and though my belly is full, I haven't stopped thinking about wanting to snack on some low fat cheesy popcorn. I may not lose this battle, but as long as I keep going in the right direction, I'll be good. WAIT, that's an excuse, right? I'm debating....I'll let you know how this goes. Now my stomach is rumbling. Gah!

I think my mantra right now that'll be relevant is "think about how good it'll feel during and AFTER making the right choice. Just gotta get through the 'before'."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home