Carrots, Anyone?

Monday, November 17, 2008

trudging along...

PROS: I'm now running a TWELVE minute mile!! This time last year, around when I first started running, I was at an eighteen to nineteen minute mile. The fact that I'm down to 12, and can also now run THE ENTIRE 45 MINUTE TIME PERIOD is awesome! When I started running in the beginning of August, I would do 10 minutes running, 5 minutes walking...x3 (with the running set at 4.5 mph for the first 10, 5.0 for the second, and 5.5 for the third). Now I'm running 5.0mph the entire time. And I'm not exhausted! I go thru spurts of being pooped, but most of the time, I'm just staring out the window of the gym completely lost in thought.

CONS: I've been slacking these past couple of weeks (Month?). Chalk it up to season changes...daylight savings...uber stress at work...any way you slice it, I've been much less active in November. actually since mid- to late October. And when I get less active, I CRAVE the junk - chips, chocolate, soda...and lots of it. When I run, I don't crave the junk. When I don't run, I NEED the junk. I'm trying to keep myself going so I don't fall back into bad habits. I'm already back up to 226.8 from 219ish in early October/late September.

BUT, I did go to the gym tonite. I was supposed to do weights, but I think I did too much weight for too many reps on Friday, and tweaked my neck/lower back. Thought it'd be better to just stay on the treadmill and walk/do light jogging (so I don't get shin splints from running too many days in a row since I went yesterday and will go again tomorrow). It was more important for me to just keep in the habit of going consistently M-R. So I went, walked for 20 minutes, jogged for 13 min, cooled down for 5 and called it a nite.

Onward and upwards!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home