Carrots, Anyone?

Sunday, November 02, 2008

I DID IT!!!!!

I ran my FIRST EVER 5K RACE!!!! And it was great! Yes, I was the slowest person in my department, and almost the slowest in the whole 5k race, coming in pretty near to last place I'm sure, BUT I finished. I finished in roughly 37-38 minutes (I'll find out the official time tomorrow), which is 5 minutes better than my time on the treadmill. NICE!!!

I was really insecure about being the fatty in the back, but I was able to put that aside for most of the time...for sure it came back in spurts when I would have to cross a street in front of people, or when I was running by stopped traffic, but for the most part, I just focused on running and keeping my pace steady...slowing down when I felt myself rushing to 'look normal' (or when I jogged up that insanely steep hill).

btw, I will never take cheerers for granted- they lifted my spirit every time I passed one! And the water - I will never pass a water station without getting water again - I did that at the second water station so I wouldn't lose my rhythm I was settling into, but man, I really needed that water!

so YAY FOR ME!!!! #481....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home