Carrots, Anyone?

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

12 minute miles, baby!

So today I decided to try something a little different at the gym. First off, I'm glad I went - it was a huge mental hurdle to get over, cuz I was NOT crazy about running. But it felt great when I was doing it!

SO, today I decided to run at 5.3 mph as opposed to 5.0 like I usually do. I did that for 33 minutes, then decided to sprint for 5 minutes -so I upped the speed to 6.0 and ended up running not just 5 minutes, but the entire remaining 12 minutes. And I wasn't exhausted! It actually felt better to run faster - like I wasn't holding myself back! So that felt great, and I burned 720ish calories, and ran 4.2ish miles vs. 3.2. So yay for me! I sweat like a mo-fo tho, lemme tell ya! I bought these short biker shorts that were totally worth the $3 each - they keep me cool b/c the gym gets really REALLY hot and stinky with beefy muscle man sweat. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home